Art Education Australia (AEA), formerly AIAE, established in 1976, is the national body of visual arts educators concerned with the scholarly exploration and promotion of art education theory, practice and research.
AEA members provide invaluable support for advocacy of visual arts education at all levels of government. Membership support has enabled us to speak with confidence as an independent voice for visual arts education in Australia. Your membership will help us keep going.
Why become a member of AEA?
- We are an effective independent advocacy body representing visual arts education at national and international levels.
- We continue to work strategically across the whole of Australian federal and state governments and we need to demonstrate support from our visual arts teachers.
- AEA responds to issues when no one else can or has time. We provide a unified voice for visual arts educators.
- We are continuing our strategic focus on broader recognition for the role of the visual arts in Australian education, especially in the new Australian Curriculum
Art Education Australia membership entitles you to:
- 2 issues of Australian Art Education, the refereed Journal
- Access to the members-only section of the AEA website www.arteducation.org.au
- Email news
- Reduced rate priority registration for Conferences
- State, national and international network contacts
Each Australian state or territory professional art teacher association is, or has the possibility of, being affiliated with the Art Education Australia. Art Education Australia is affiliated with InSEA, the International Society for Education Through Art.
Types of AEA Membership
AEA welcomes membership by art educators, researchers, students and others working in the field of or with an interest in Visual Arts Education. There are six types of memberships of AEA:
- Individual Members shall be those persons having current paid-up membership at rates determined from time to time by Executive.
- Institutional Members shall be those educational institutions or other institutions having current paid up membership in the Institute at rates determined from time to time by Executive.
- Corporate Members shall be those organisations having current paid up membership rates as determined from time to time by Executive.
- Concession Members shall be those individuals – full-time students, unemployed, or retired – having current paid-up memberships at rates determined from time to time by Executive.
- Associate Members shall be those individuals who reside outside Australia having current paid-up memberships at rates determined from time to time by Executive.
- Affiliated State or Territory Associations shall be State or Territory Visual Arts Education associations affiliated with the AEA having current paid-up rates determined from time to time by Executive. Individual members of an Affiliated State or Territory Association pay no subscription fee directly to AEA.
Honorary Memberships - Council may appoint Honorary Members on any tenure from one year to life in recognition of such persons' contribution to Visual Arts Education.
How to join: Join AEA by completing this online membership form
We look forward to your support and involvement in Art Education Australia.